- Resides: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK
- Occupation: Freelance Senior Engineer
Paul has been working with team member Brett Boughton to help us with our Air Brake design and is also involved in looking at the design of our tailfin.
When not involved with speed record ventures Paul is as a freelance engineer specialising in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced lightweight and high performance structures and in the past has also applied his trade for motor racing in F1, F3000, GTS & Indy racing cars for customers including March Engineering, Spirit Racing, Arrows Racing and Ligier Sports.
Paul in the early 90’s with Gordon Murray Peter Stevens and the team with the McLaren F1 supercar prototype
Born in Kalgoorlie in Western Australia and up to the age of 15 lived mainly in Bayswater, Victoria. He was Tertiary educated in the UK and then joined Rolls Royce Aero Engines in Derby as a Graduate Engineer.
During his 30 year engineering career he has also worked in senior positions on numerous land speed record vehicles and projects, including:
- Oldsmobile Aerotech Quad 4 record car 257 mph around Indianapolis race circuit
- McLaren F1 Supercar. The world’s fastest production car at the time (241 mph)
- McLaren Maverick World Land Speed Record car (target 1000 mph)
- Bloodhound World Land Speed Record car (target 1050 mph)
- Quicksilver World Water Speed Record boat (target 500 mph)
Other positions held during his career, include:
- Senior Project Engineer Advanced Composite Technology Ltd
- Chief Composite Engineer Leyton House Formula One
- General Manager COMTEC Ltd
- Head of Composite Structures Engineering on the McLaren F1 supercar project
- Engineering Director Composite Engineering Innovations Ltd
- Head of Group Manufacturing Lola Cars Engineering
- Director Ling Dynamic Systems
- Managing Director Technical Resin Bonders Ltd
- Engineering Director Quiet Revolution Wind turbines
We are really lucky to have Paul working on some of the most challenging aspects of our project and sharing his vast and comprehensive knowledge with us… Thanks Paul.